Saturday, November 2, 2019

Versions of me.

........"I heard she feigned her sickness so she could get out of work."

"She's friends with certain people so she can manipulate them to get what she wants."

"Oh.. I heard she's barren."

"Oh, yes I know her. She tries so hard to be liked."

"I heard her husband cheated on her, poor girl"

"Yeap, I heard she flirts with married men."

"I heard she was admitted to a mental ward while she was in KL"


....just a few "versions" of me that actually reached me.

I have learnt to just accept the fact that everyone's entitled to their own opinions and versions of everyone....but the things you hear are just plain ridiculous. Just to set the record straight, none of the above are true..... and for the record, just because one sees a psychiatrist, it does not mean one was in a 'mental ward'. Come on guys... it's time to fight the stigma that's associated to mental health.

There's also this inappropriate belief that if one does not have children after years of marriage, one must be labelled as 'barren'. There's many factors to infertility, and in the age of internet, it is so easy to look up these factors. Plus, just because one is childless, it does not mean that one's husband/wife will stray. There is such thing as loyalty, (yeap! even at this day and age. I know! *gasp*) There is also a thing called being 'faithful'. You know.....the opposite of what that Rihanna's song is about.

You are entitled to believe whatever you wish to, but be smart. Ask. Assess. Then, should you still hear random versions of me, please DON'T tell me. =P

Goodnight or good morning wherever you are <3