Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sorry, skin!

I have always been used to my skin being oily and I have accepted the fact that whenever I have foundation on, it will always look "dewy" when infact "oh honey, it's not the dewy effect, it's the oily effect!" It all changed last week. The husband asked me to help him get something new for his facial regime from *okay breathe* SEPHORA *breathe*. He took my hand and led me to Sephora. Girls, it felt just like one of those photos that's everywhere on instagram, twitter, tumblr, etc of the person being led to somewhere beautiful. *sigh* Too bad I never got to take the photo as I was just too gobsmacked that he actually suggested to go into Sephora. Normally, my Sephora trips consisted of him either waiting outside and playing with his phone or just standing still somewhere inside, also playing with his phone. So imagine the temporary excitement I got that day at the counter, when the cashier asked for a Sephora card, he said to me "How much should I spend to get one? Maybe I should get my own card?" *my heart skipped a beat* and then he laughed and said "I'm just joking, yang!" Don't joke over something like that, don't!

We went in and asked for recommendations from one of the Sephora girls. I have always wanted to try the Glamglow Youthcleanse Daily Exfoliating cleanser (even the name is a mouthful! LOL) so I suggested to the husband he should give it a go.. so I can borrow. Hee! Oh boy, I regret that decision now! To be fair, the SA did warn that it will cause breakouts initially & the skin will get dry so she recommended to slather on moisturizer after washing our face with the cleanser. So me, knowing how my skin is oily, decided to try give it a go that very night and forego the moisturizer! It smells amazing, btw! So I tried it on again the next night, again without the moisturizer. One week later, my face is in pain! In pain! And I am breaking out! It hurts like hish! Seriously! It's severely dry & it's peeling around the forehead, nose, cheeks, chin.. okay basically the whole face! It hurts more knowing that it's been so kind to my husband's skin and I can actually say his skin does look amazing!

I have been spraying my face with the Caudalie Grape Water every now and then when I can feel the stinging and I can safely say it helps a bit. My friend recommended me something from Lancome & I think I will go to the counter today and try to score myself some samples! I hope that I will eventually find something that can help. But for now, this post is dedicated to you my dearest skin. I am sorry. I really am. Sorry that I haven't been treating you well. Sorry that I have been exposing you to all these cleansers. I am sorry. Please feel better soon =(